Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

Last night I made the most delicious, moist chicken breast I've ever had! I got the recipe where I'm getting most of my recipes these days - Pinterest! I could easily spend hours upon hours "pinning" things on that site!

This particular recipe is called "Sweet and Spicy Chicken". It's fairly simple too, and it a one pot meal, which is always nice, as I don't like doing dishes.

Ingredients:
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Garlic Powder
Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Bacon

Cut your chicken breast into thirds, length wise (think long strips), depending on how many people you're serving will determine the number of chicken breasts you'll need. I used three large chicken breasts and that was more than enough to feed my family of five (and plenty left over).

After you have your strips, season the chicken with Salt and Pepper, Chili Powder and Garlic Powder. Wrap a slice of thick cut bacon around each piece of chicken, then roll everything in a bowl of brown sugar. Place chicken in a well oiled pan (I use my favorite casserole dish), and cook at 400F for 30-40 minutes, or until finished.  That brown liquid in the bottom of the pan is bacon fat and brown sugar, or otherwise known as HEAVEN! Hallelujah!

Those drippings work well in mashed potatoes, either cooked in or used as a "gravy". It also works well drizzled on top of your chicken. Not that it needs it, because the chicken is so moist and juicy.



No comments:

Post a Comment